We are a volunteer-run 501(c)3, not-for-profit organization. You can support our mission by joining FCANNJ. You can become a member by making a one-time contribution of any amount (suggested contribution is $35 for an individual and $50 for a household).
To help you begin planning your end-of-life arrangements you will receive –
- Pre-arrangement form- a simple form to express your end-of-life plans and share your wishes for body disposition, funeral and memorial arrangements.
- A copy of Putting My House in Order, a helpful way to organize your important information
- A Living Will/ Advance Directive/ Healthcare Proxy form
- A copy of our latest newsletter.
- An up-to-date price survey of local funeral homes in northern New Jersey, including specific funeral homes offering special prices for some services to members of FCANNJ.
- A wallet card with spaces for your funeral home choice and emergency call information.
- An invitation to our Annual Conference featuring expert speakers on issues concerning end-of-life planning.
To become a member online, click on the Membership Application form below.
To join by mail, print and mail with your tax-deductible membership donation check to:
P.O. Box 1327
Montclair, N.J. 07042
Benefits of Membership
- Free pamphlets offering information on death-related issues
- A semi-annual newsletter
- An Annual Conference each spring with a report of FCANNJ’s activities and interesting speakers.
- One-page pre-arrangement membership form makes it easy to plan your end-of-life wishes and choose a funeral home.
- One phone call at the time of need to your chosen funeral home plans into action.
- Members receive the brochure Putting My House in Order which is helpful in organizing your papers, policies and death certificate information.
Peace of Mind
- By pre-planning your funeral arrangements ahead of time, you can have the confidence that your family will know your wishes
- As an informed funeral consumer, you can plan a service that reflects your wishes, culteral and religious background and your financial circumstances.
- Agreements with a number of locally-owned funeral homes offer our members savings of hundreds or even thousands of dollars on their funeral expenses
- By pre-planning but not pre-paying your funeral arrangements, you can avoid costly pre-need insurance policies.
If you would like to support our work with a donation, please know that we are always grateful for your support. Click on Donate to donate online. To donate by mail, you may mail your check to: FCANNJ, P.O. Box 1327, Montclair, N.J. 07042
If you are interested in becoming a member of FCANNJ, please fill out an application
Concerned about the future of Funeral Consumers Alliance of Northern New Jersey?
Consider becoming a FCANNJ Trustee. Contact Archie Palmer at firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information.